With all of the busyness that we’ve experienced lately, my house is suffering. Even more than my blog if y’all can believe that? (I’ll be most of you are asking yourselves what I’m doing blogging two days in a row – if that’s not proof miracles happen, then I’m not sure what is).
We have 2 ball games tonight. At the same time. Thankfully our two are on teams with friends kids, so we’re splitting the difference tonight for ball games. The guys are going to the boys game. The girls are going to the girls game. And then we’re all meeting back up here for dinner after the game. (I think that’s still the plan. Guess I should put checking on that on my list of things to do today).
I’m so glad that these are people who will be coming to spend time with us and not to see our house. Because I have a *lot* to do today and I’m not sure it can all be done before we have to be out the door at 5pm!
- General pick up
- Swiffering (giggle away ladies – I’ll be doing this in ALL the downstairs rooms today. Told you I’d be busy. ).
- Organize the video games/videos
- Wash front window
- Vacuum couch
- Wash, dry, put on couch covers
- General pick up
- Clean off the dining room table
- Get books on table ready for the mail and off the table
- Clean up bookshelf
- Return books to the library to be counted for reading program
- Clear and wipe down counters and stove
- Give haircuts (Chip and Noah)
- Make Crockpot Pizza, cut up bread, etc… for dinner tonight
- Have kids pick up their toys
- Sort through miscellaneous papers that have appeared on the desk
- Fold laundry that has invaded the dining room and will have been moved to the office by this point in the list
- Turn futon back into a couch instead of a bed
- Get Chip to clean bathroom (I think this is my favorite room on the list)
- Carry laundry to the basement
So, that’s it. But I think it’s enough, don’t you? And the good news is that the older three kids will all be at camp next week, so if I can make it through this week and keep it all clean, that means it will actually STAY clean for more than 4-5 days! WOOT!